Staten Island Zoo Field Trip Information
The Urban Advantage Class Trip Voucher includes both admission to the zoo as well as the option of a 50 minute Zoo Education Program. These interactive programs utilize live animals and biofacts to teach a variety of science content. Our programs can also be tailored to enhance your students’ investigation topics or provide support for data collection. Please give us at least 6 weeks’ notice if you plan on participating in an education program. Visit www.statenislandzoo.org and click the education tab for a complete listing of the programs at the zoo.
- To make a reservation for your field trip, contact our registrar at 718-442-3174 ext.33, Monday through Thursday, 9:00am to 3:00pm or by email at email@example.com. Reservations must be made at least 6 weeks in advance for an education program.
- Let the registrar know that you are an Urban Advantage class and that you are using an Urban Advantage class trip voucher. Be prepared to give the number on your voucher when booking your trip. Also, be sure to bring the actual voucher on your trip!
- If you are visiting the zoo and NOT registering for an education program, you do not have to contact the registrar. You can submit your voucher(s) as your admission ticket to the gate when you arrive at the Zoo. Although a formal reservation is not needed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your expected date and amount of visitors so that we know to expect you.
- If you would like support materials or activities for your students to use during your visit, please email email@example.com.
- Visit the zoo web site for information regarding the animal collection, exhibitry and programming before you visit. It would be helpful for you to visit the zoo ahead of time to determine which exhibits and wings are most appropriate for your students’ work. If you contact the education department ahead of time, we can work together to tailor informal lessons for your students’ inquiry time at the zoo.
For questions about adapting your visit to enhance a UA learning experience, please contact Jessica Hartmann at 718-442-3174 ext. 24 or email firstname.lastname@example.org